Hospices Urged to Engage in Legislative Action
NAHC recently called hospices to legislative action, and the Corridor Group issued a summary of the NAHC position. Congress will recess in August, and hospices are urged to use this time to connect with their leaders. Among the issues that hospice leaders are urged to encourage lawmakers to take action on are:
• Rescind or rework the face-to-face physician encounter requirement, and overturn claims denials related to this.
• Refuse the attempts to include hospice within the Medicare Advantage Benefit package.
• Empower PA’s to operate as attending physicians for hospice.
• Safeguard the Medicare Hospice Benefit.
• Deny any attempt to cut federal funding for Medicaid.
The NAHC article includes “links to background information, talking points, and sample messages for each issue. (NAHC, 7/19, http://www.nahc.org/NAHCReport/nr160718_1/; Corridor Group, 7/20, http://www.corridorgroup.com/about/insights/solutions/home-care-and-hospice-advocates-are-encouraged-to-engage-their-members-during-the-presidential-conventions-august-break/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Home%20Care%20and%20Hospice%20Advocates%20Are%20Encouraged%20to%20Engage%20Their%20Members%20During%20the%20Presidential%20Conventions%20August%20Break&utm_campaign=Monday%20Morning%20Recaps)